Monday 3 December 2012

Call Me Woman Scorned


I’ve lost myself in the rush, head rush, blood rush- ing through my veins that pulsate and explode in my fucking head. 
I’m blinded, blindsided, knocked off my feet and left to fend and fight and flee.
Call me Dido, suck the marrow from my bones and set a fire under my body, strewn across this pyre made of lies and broken promises.
Call me Salome, I should have slaughtered you, led you to bed and left with your head.
I should have hung you out to dry, pulled your fibres apart
Like I intended, like I wanted, like I knew I could never.
But I’m just angry maybe, maybe crazy, maybe desperate and a little frustrated, maybe.

Maybe…

Maybe I should say thank you.
You’ve given me the gift of nothing but this expression of grief that I will wear…and now I’ve a cross to bear to remind myself of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment