Sunday 27 November 2011

Questions and Memories and Bite

Don’t touch me,

Your hands as I remember are ice cold

Full of spite and accompanied by the taste of blood

And sick and head splitting migraines

Don’t use words that don’t suit the shape of your mouth

Sorry is the word used by those who feel

Sorry and love are feelings felt

How can you feel when your eyes see nothing but you

You and your fists and your words

Words that cut as sharp as your fists wound



Who were you to do that

Who are you to come back and live

As a ghost in my hall

Who are you to shadow my decisions

And who are you to place your hands on me in memory,

To cause violent shivers when I’m on my own

Who are you that make my memory a place I must hide from

Who made you a god

Who gave you power

Who made you untouchable, fucking godless



What kind of hellish world spat forth

 somebody who could destroy

Like you do

No comments:

Post a Comment